1. Slumdog Millionaire: Sick true story, of a teen who won 2 million dollars on India’s Who Wants to be a Millionaire. An uneducated orphan tells the story of his life, while being held, and tortured by authorities who are convinced he cheated. Quite possibly the best movie of 2008.
2. Gran Torino: Shot in SE Detroit, Clint Eastwood delivers another great performance, as a war vet, who lives alone after the death of his wife. With his only wish to be left alone, we see the development and mutual dependence between Eastwood and his Korean neighbors.
3. The Wackness: A pot pedaling teen, his best friend and customer, his psychiatrist, and the love interest with his daughter and the dealing protagonist.
4. Body of Lies: Leonardo DiCaprio, Russel Crowe, CIA agents and their co efforts with Jordanian Intelligence to capture major terrorist threats.
5. The Wrestler: A drama centered on retired professional wrestler Randy “The Ram” Robinson as he makes his way through the independent circuit
6. Milk: Sean Penn plays first homosexual politician Harvey Milk.
7. Vicky Cristina Barcelona: Two girlfriends (Scarlet Johaanson) on a summer holiday in Spain become enamored with the same painter, unaware that his ex-wife, with whom he has a tempestuous relationship, is about to re-enter the picture. Directed by Woody Allen
8. 7 Pounds: Will Smith, An IRS agent with a fateful secret embarks on an extraordinary journey of redemption by forever changing the lives of seven strangers.